Saturday, March 20, 2010

Photobucket


Photobucket


I went to bed last night pretty early, probably about 9:30pm or 10. I put on this new piano album I got by Akira Kosemura that is really soft and relaxing. I woke up a while later to some other music playing (what was after that album on the iTunes list) and realized that the album worked pretty well. Also intermittently there were flurries of text message and phone calls that woke me up as well. I'm sitting at the dining room table with some of the windows open and blinds open; kind of a dreary day - overcast, slightly chilly, perfect day to be spent inside a brewery drinking local, fresh beer and making jokes with friends! Good! Because that's what we're doing this afternoon. I am proud to say that I think my stomach is in OK condition to perform this activity. It has been an uncomfortable last week and a half with this stomach bug that I've had. It sidelined me for a while and gave me a chance to relax and let some of the things that has been happening really cement itself in my head. I'm not going to say that I'm questioning my decision to stay in Houston, because I'm not, but I am saying that I've allowed myself to really think about the situation and what the pros and cons are. What living in the Northeast really means to me, what my life in Baltimore offers me, and then what excitement and opportunities are available here in the Gulf Coast. Of course there are pros and cons to everything. But, as you know me, I am always looking for that new adventure and new people, new places, new experiences. And I think this is it. And you know what? In a few years I could really have moved up in this company. Also, I can drive to California wayyyy quicker from here than Maryland, ever think about that!?

I woke up this morning with a flash of inspiration and life that I always look forward to on Saturday mornings, unless I'm hungover. It's that feeling of being well rested, having spent the previous night relaxing your bones after a long week, doing something for yourself and no one else. The feeling of being able to wake up whenever it is that you actually wake up, and not because you have to. Your body just wakes up and then you know it's time. And the feeling of not having to actually go anywhere or do anything. That is the feeling. So I woke up, brushed my teeth, used the bathroom [TMI?], and threw on the first vinyl of the morning. I went with whatever was in there at the time, because it's always easier to just drop the needle than think about things, and so that happened to be The Ruby Suns new album, which is okay, not as good as the previous two albums. I went to the kitchen and made a pot of real Mexican coffee from Mexico, gladfully given to me by my sister. I don't think gladfully is a word because there is a red line under it but I want to use it anyway. While I was in the kitchen doing this I got that splash of inspiration and instantly went into cooking mode. I figured, lets make a real breakfast like real people do. So I chopped up some potatoes, onion, and garlic and threw that in the oven. And defrosted some sausages. And got T to pick up some eggs. And we have toast. So I think that should be pretty good.

I always like when I have time to sit down and actually write something on here. It makes me feel better about things. I'm looking out the window right now and it's like super dark in the distance.. looks like there is a storm coming. Perfect weather for drinking indoors!! You know sometimes you feel guilty for like, drinking indoors or spending time indoors when its super nice out, but today is not one of those days. Supposedly we are leaving in about thirty minutes but I'm unshowered, still cooking breakfast, and not in that mindset yet... so we'll see. I popped in a record that I haven't listened to in a really long time that seems appropriate right now and that is Norah Jones first album.

Well I need to check on things and start to get my act together.

Tonight we go to the rodeo and act like young professionals in our company's Suite box, giddy-up!!

Bye for now.




No comments: